One thing we love during this time of year with the FALL season is our crock pots. I usually always have two out on my kitchen counter at this time of the year One makes my dinner and the other makes my dessert :).
With so many after school activities going on right now this is SUPER handy in not having to start dinner at 8 in the evening. I start my dinner while at work and as soon as I came home from work I usually start the dessert.
One of my favorite sites for crock pot recipes is the awesome crockpotladies. If you have not checked out their site, PLEASE head over there right now.
- 42 Oz. cherry pie filling (Two 21 oz. cans)
- 16.5 Oz yellow cake mix (1 box)
- 1 stick butter ( 1/2 cup)
- Open the two cans of cherry pie filling and dump the contents into a 3 to 5 quart slow cooker.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter (or melt on the stove top).
- In a medium mixing bowl add the dry yellow cake mix and the melted butter and stir to combine (mixture will be crumbly).
- Dump cake mix & butter mixture over the top of the cherry pie filling and spread evenly.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Serve warm (with ice cream if desired) or cold.