This recipe for Honey Garlic Chicken really is AMAZING. It also is truly easy to make. This great recipe comes from Michelle over at dishesanddustbunnies. She always has great recipes and awesome homemaking ideas for those of us on a BUDGET.
- 3 lbs chicken thighs (you can use any chicken you like really, not only thighs I actually like to use boneless breats)
- 4 – 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, grated or minced into fine pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used the reduced sodium kind)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp honey
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsps brown sugar
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- Drippings from the baking dish
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- In a glass 9″x10″ baking dish whisk together all ingredients except for the chicken. Combine well.
- Place the chicken into the dish and spoon some of the mixture over top of each piece.
- Optional: You can marinade the chicken in this mixture ahead of time if you like.
- Place the baking dish in the oven uncovered and bake for 45 – 60 minutes.
- Once the chicken is finished cooking, remove from the baking dish and place on a serving plate.
- Serve with rice, and veggies or anything else you might enjoy it with!
- Skin the fat off the top of the drippings as much as possible. If there’s a little fat left, that’s ok too. You can also remove most of the fat using a gravy separator if you have one.
- Combine about 1/4 of the drippings and the cornstarch in a small dish and set aside. Mix it together using a whisk to make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the remaining drippings into a sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and lower the heat. Stir constantly using a whisk until the sauce reaches the desired consistency. Remove from the heat and serve with the chicken.