One thing I love on a Sunday Morning is when I get to sleep in skip breakfast and get straight to brunch. Ashton over at Something Swanky shared this great Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe and could not wait to try it out myself. I love that these GIANT chocolate chip muffins are NOT DRY. They are perfect. Make sure you try these out for yourselves.
Yield: 12-13 Gigantic Muffins
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 larges eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups miniature chocolate chips
- optional: sanding sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, pour the milk and vinegar. Let sit while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- In a larger bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Add the butter, eggs, vanilla, and the milk + vinegar mixture. Stir JUST until a batter with lumps forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each cup in the muffin tin to be completely full (about a heaping 1/4 cup).
- Bake at 425ºF for 5 minutes. Then decrease the heat to 375ºF and bake for another 13 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing from the tin and serving.
- Delicious fresh and next day. Freezes well.