Holly over at Spend With Pennies shared this Slow Cooker Cheese steak Sloppy Joe recipe and OMG if you like Cheese Steaks you will fall in love all over again. Truly 🙂 . I have served this two ways tossed with egg noodles and on sandwich rolls. Both ways are truly fantastic. I love being able to use my crock pot to make these as well. Such a great time saver.
Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 clove garlic
- black pepper to taste
- 1 large (or 2 small) onions slivered
- 1 large green pepper
- 1½ cups thickly sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 can low sodium condensed French Onion soup (or beef broth if you can’t find French Onion)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded provolone or mozzarella (or a combination)
- Brown ground beef and garlic in a pan. Try not to break the beef up too much, you want to have the pieces a good size. Drain any fat.
- Place beef, onions, pepper and mushrooms (if using) into a slow cooker. Toss with flour and pepper to taste.
- Pour soup & Worcestershire sauce over top of mixture and cook on low 4-5 hours.
- Remove lid, sprinkle with cheese and replace lid for a few minutes until it melts.
- Serve on rolls or toss with pasta!