I don’t know what it is about Eggnog that I love so much. I look forward to Eggnog ALL YEAR long, I swear I really do. When the lovely ladies over at Six Sisters Stuff shared this recipe for Eggnog Truffles I had died and went straight to heaven. I have made these in my Christmas Cookie selection for the last few years.
- 1 lb (16-oz) white chocolate, divided (I used bakers chocolate)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon imitation rum extract
- In a small bowl, cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar, nutmeg, and rum extract.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt ½ lb (8 oz) of the white chocolate for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave, stir, and repeat in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is completely smooth.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours or until chilled and slightly more firm.
- Melt the remaining chocolate.
- Remove the cream cheese and chocolate mixture from the fridge, and roll into one-inch balls. Roll each ball in the white chocolate, and place on a wax-paper lined cookie sheet.