I love love love a GREAT macaroni and cheese recipe. I especially love baked macaroni and cheese. It is one of my favorite side dishes and such a great comfort food. I make this as a side dish during my thanksgiving dinner and everyone always wants seconds on this awesome baked macaroni and cheese.
So creamy and just delicious. This baked macaroni and cheese also shares my two favorite cheese choices Cheddar and Parmesan Cheese. Enjoy.
Homemade Baked Macaroni And Double Cheese
credit: An Italian In My Kitchen
- 4 cups cooked macaroni (extra al dente)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¼ tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cracker crumbs
- 1½ tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400° (200° celsius). Grease well a medium-sized baking pan.
- In a small bowl mix together cracker crumbs and 1½ tablespoons Parmesan cheese, set aside.
- In a large pot over low-medium heat, melt butter, add flour, mustard and whisk well together, add milk and whisk until smooth add cheddar and Parmesan cheese, stir until almost completely melted, add macaroni and gently stir to combine, pour into prepared baking pan, top with cracker crumb mixture, bake until browned, approximately 25 minutes. Let sit 3-5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!