I love all of the TGIF Jack Daniel dishes so I was so glad I came across this one that I can make at home. Even though I have not yet mastered the igniting of the Jack Daniel’s in this recipe yet it still is very easy to make.
I love this served with a side of pasta or rice. I have made this then cut the chicken breast up and served the chicken and Cream Sauce over pasta almost making a pasta Alfredo type of dish. It was so good.
Chicken In Jack Daniels Cream Sauce
Credit: Spicy Southern Kitchen
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
- 3 large shallots, chopped (or 1 onion)
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in a large pan. Add chicken and brown on both sides.
- Add the Jack Daniels and carefully ignite. Shake the pan until the flames go out.
- Add shallots and cook for 1 minute.
- Add thyme, parsley, and ¼ cup water. Cover pan and cook over low heat for 25 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and add the cream to the pan.
- Mix the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water together in a small bowl. Add to sauce. Simmer sauce until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to pan and remove from heat.