Yummy pizza and grilled cheese combined together. Two of my favorite things in this world :). This great sandwich combines pizza and grilled cheese. This is a great lunch sandwich. If you love pizza and grilled cheese you need to try this one. Trust me.
As I mentioned earlier anything with melted cheese is pretty much a favorite in my book. These Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are no different. Hope that you try this one and Enjoy them as much as I did.
Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Credit: Kirbie Cravings
- 6 slices of bread (I used French bread)
- 3 tbsp butter spread
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese (I used low fat; you can also use slices of mozzarella)
- 21 slices of pepperoni (You can use turkey pepperoni)
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
1. Spread about 1/2 tbsp butter on one side of each slice of bread.
2. Spread 1/4 cup of cheese on three slices of bread, on top of un-buttered side. Spread 7 slices of pepperoni on top of cheese for each of the three slices . Spread 1/4 cup of marinara sauce on top of pepperoni for each of the three slices. Spread another 1/4 cup of cheese on top of the sauce. Place remaining slices of bread on top, to form sandwiches (with butter side facing up).
3. Place frying pan on stove and turn to medium heat. Once hot, carefully place one sandwich in the frying pan, cooking the bottom buttered side until golden and toasty and the cheese is melty. Then carefully flip over and cook until other side is also toasty and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. If cheese does not melt to your desired consistency, you can briefly microwave sandwich for about 10-15 seconds before eating.