Do you love eggnog? Or are you not a fan? Let us know in the comments below. I know most people either love eggnog or don’t. We happen to love it. I was so glad to find this recipe for Homemade Eggnog. Even though I love Eggnog store bought ones are sometimes too too sweet to my liking.
This eggnog is very creamy with just enough sweetness. This recipe calls for pasteurized eggs which I found next to the organic eggs in my grocery store. So check there for pasteurized eggs. Enjoy.
Easy Homemade EggNog
Credit: No.2 Pencil
- 4 egg yolks, from pasteurized eggs
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of freshly grated nutmeg
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix egg yolks on medium speed.
- Slowly add sugar just until well combined. Eggs should be a light yellow color.
- Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Turn mixer to low and add in milk, heavy cream, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Chill and serve.
Use a whole nutmeg, freshly grated for best flavor.