I have been having a Philly Cheese Steak craving lately. I can’t get enough of Philly cheese steak related anything lately in my life :).
I have been sharing a lot of Philly cheese steak recipes with you guys. Hope that my blogging friend don’t mind. This was a pleasant twist of the oh so comforting traditional meatloaf recipe. I hope that you guys will enjoy this one.
Philly Cheese Meatloaf
Credit: Of The Hearth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb. ground meat
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Several dashes salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet, sauté the onion and pepper in the oil until tender.
- Combine these veggies with the remaining ingredients except the cheese in a bowl.
- Place half of this mixture into a greased loaf pan and top with 3 of the slices of provolone cheese.
- Repeat so you have two meat-cheese layers.
- Bake for 45 minutes (the internal temperature of the meat should reach 165°F).
- Allow the meatloaf to sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.