I was on Pinterest and saw this great idea for a whipped gingerbread sugar scrub. I have been making a lot of my own sugar scrubs lately and enjoy doing so. I like that I can use all natural products to make these scrubs.
When I saw this one I instantly thought what a great teacher gift for the holiday season. Since most of these ingredients are already in your pantry this is super easy to mix up.
I bet these scrubs smell amazing as well.
Whipped Gingerbread Sugar Scrub
Credit: Sugar And Soul
- ½ cup Brown Sugar (light or dark)
- ½ Pure Cane or Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp All Spice
- Combine sugars and coconut oil in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat with a paddle attachment until a fluffy paste starts to form.
- Scrape down sides and add in vanilla and spices.
- Beat on low until spices work their way into the mix, increase to medium speed and beat for 30 seconds or until light and fluffy.
- Transfer to a jar and seal with a lid.
- Dress it up if giving as a gift.
- Use within a month with hot water and gently exfoliate into skin.