Cinnamon Rolls are just so delicious. Yet all the ones that I have found so far that we really enjoyed seemed to take a lot of time to prep and make.
Betty Crocker shared a great recipe for a Cake Mix Cinnamon Roll that is So SO good.
Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls
1 BOX BETTY CROCKER SUPERMOIST YELLOW CAKE MIX
2 1/2 to 3 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) regular active dry yeast
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting
- Grease 13×9-inch pan or 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix cake mix, 1 cup of the flour and the yeast. Add water; stir with wooden spoon until dough forms. Add the remaining flour 1?4 cup at a time, stirring after each addition, until soft dough forms. You may not need all of the flour. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Gently punch down dough, and then reshape it into a ball. Let rest for a few minutes. Meanwhile, have melted butter ready, and in small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough into large rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Starting with 1 long end, tightly roll up dough into a log. Cut into 12 rolls.
- Place rolls in pan(s); cover with plastic wrap. Let rise about 30 minutes while you heat oven to 375°F.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; spread with frosting. Serve warm or at room temperature.