These crispy chicken cutlets from Southern Living taste very very similar from a certain closed -on -Sundays fast -food chain that I love so so much :). A secret ingredient for these tasty crispy chicken cutlets is the Dill pickle juice!
Try these today believe me…
Crispy Chicken Cutlets
- 8 (4-0z.) chicken breast cutlets, cut in half crosswise
- 2 cups dill pickle juice from jar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
- 3/4 cup fine,dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup peanut oil
- Combine first two ingredients in a 1-gal ziplock plastic freezer bag. Seal bag, pressing out most of the air, and chill for 8 hours.
- Whisk together eggs, and 3 Tbsp. water in a shallow bowl. Combine cornmeal mix and next 3 ingredients in a second shallow bowl. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade; sprinkle chicken with salt. Dip chicken in egg mixture, and dredge in cornmeal mixture, pressing firmly to adhere.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side until done.