First of all I would like to say sorry for my absence in the blog. I recently hurt my back pretty bad in a accident and have been a little bit under the weather. However things are slowly starting to come back together.
I love cornbread ( I mean come one who doesn’t ) ??
And If you have not tried sweet cornbread you are truly missing out folks. 🙂
This cornbread is so delicious with some chili or soup.
Continue reading “Sweet Cornbread”
I love going to Red Lobster just for the biscuits. Sounds crazy right? I am not a seafood fan so I can not truly justify going to Red Lobster to pay for free biscuits. I am glad i found this super easy recipe to make at home so I can have those great tasting biscuits at any time.
I do plan on adding these to my Thanksgiving dinner this year since they are so easy to make and you can literally whip these up in minutes. Which is a plus when getting all the Thanksgiving dinner together.
Anytime Cheese Biscuits
- 2 c. biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1/4 c. margarine, melted
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- Combine first 3 ingredients together until a soft dough forms; beat vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet; bake at 450 degrees until golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk margarine and garlic powder together; spread over warm biscuits.
Quick confession here time :). Y’all ready??? We at The Pinterest Mag have a slight addiction to anything bread related. Bread is one of our favorite appetizers.. Heck maybe even a main dish paired with a nice salad :). Is anyone else out there addicted to bread related recipes?? Let us know. C’mon we can’t possibly be the ONLY ones.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cut loaf of bread in half widthwise; cut into 1-in. slices, leaving slices attached at bottom. Brush butter on both sides of each slice. Arrange pepperoni between slices; sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 18 slices
I have also made this recipe by cutting bread into slices, adding marinara sauce, part skim mozzarella cheese, and sliced turkey pepperoni and also baking at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Makes a great pizza appetizer as well. 🙂
Recipe is from Taste Of Home
One thing my family really really loves is Garlic Bread. This recipes is very EASY to make and I love that you can use the Pillsbury Biscuits as a shortcut as well. This AWESOME recipes is from The Taylor House.
- 2 Tubes Pillsbury Biscuits
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
Step 1 – Melt butter in a small sauce pan and add the garlic salt and Italian seasoning until it’s all mixed together.
Step 2 – Cut each Pillsbury Biscuit into quarters
Step 3 – Pour the melted butter into a pie plate and place the cut Pillsbury biscuits in the butter to fill up the entire pie plate
Step 4 – Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Step 5 – Flip the pie place upside down onto a tray or plate including the melted butter. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top and enjoy this garlic bread
Be sure to add this to your next pasta meal!