Another one of our favorite bloggers here at The Pinterest Mag is Jenn over at Eat Cake For Dinner. She has so many great cupcake and cake recipes. Here happens to be one of our favorites. C’mon who doesn’t love Butterfingers and Nutella :).
1 box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to make cake
12 fun-size or 4 regular-size Butterfingers, crushed
1/2 c. Nutella, for topping
1 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
5 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbl. milk, more or less
2 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
9 fun-size or 3 regular-size Butterfingers, crushed well, so big
chunks of candy bar don’t get stuck in the piping tip.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions and stir in the crushed Butterfingers. Divide batter between 24 muffin cups that have been lined with paper liners. Bake according to package directions. Cool completely. When cool, spread about 1 teaspoon of Nutella over each cupcake. It helps to stir the Nutella before spreading, so it is lighter and spreads on the cupcake better. Pipe or spread Butterfinger Frosting over the top.
Butterfinger Frosting: Beat butter until creamy using an electric mixer. Add one cup of powdered sugar and mix until combined. Add the vanilla, salt and crushed Butterfingers and mix well. Continue adding remaining powdered sugar, one cup at a time, alternating with milk as needed to reach desired creamy frosting consistency. Pipe or spread over cooled cupcakes.
Jenn’s Notes: I used an Ateco Tip #826 to pipe on the frosting. Make sure the Butterfingers are crushed very well for the frosting or they may get stuck in the piping tip.
Ok Ladies if you have not stopped by OMG Chocolate Desserts you need to head RIGHT over and take a good look around. Trust me when I tell you that you will find so many AMAZING recipes. These Ferrero Rocher cupcakes are truly to DIE FOR.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cups vegetable oil
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Ferrero Rocher (frozen)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ⅓ cup Nutella
- 4 oz semisweet baking chocolate
- 2 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ tespoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line standard cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- With electric mixer beat together oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract on medium speed until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Cupcake liners should be about ⅔ full. First add about 1 tablespoon of the batter, then place unwrapped (frozen) Ferrero Rocher in each cup and add remaining batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out clean (it takes about 16-20 minutes)
- Wait the cupcakes to cool completely before icing
- To make the frosting melt 4 oz chocolate and let it cool to a room temperature.
- Beat the butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy, then add cream cheese and mix well.
- Add vanilla, salt, Nutella,cocoa and melted chocolate and mix it well to combine evenly.
- Set the frosting in the fridge for 15 minutes to set, then frost the cupcakes and garnish with Ferrero Rocher.
- Store in the fridge until serving.