These crispy chicken cutlets from Southern Living taste very very similar from a certain closed -on -Sundays fast -food chain that I love so so much :). A secret ingredient for these tasty crispy chicken cutlets is the Dill pickle juice!
Try these today believe me…
Continue reading “Crispy Chicken Cutlets”
I love all of the TGIF Jack Daniel dishes so I was so glad I came across this one that I can make at home. Even though I have not yet mastered the igniting of the Jack Daniel’s in this recipe yet it still is very easy to make.
I love this served with a side of pasta or rice. I have made this then cut the chicken breast up and served the chicken and Cream Sauce over pasta almost making a pasta Alfredo type of dish. It was so good.
Chicken In Jack Daniels Cream Sauce
Credit: Spicy Southern Kitchen
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
- 3 large shallots, chopped (or 1 onion)
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in a large pan. Add chicken and brown on both sides.
- Add the Jack Daniels and carefully ignite. Shake the pan until the flames go out.
- Add shallots and cook for 1 minute.
- Add thyme, parsley, and ¼ cup water. Cover pan and cook over low heat for 25 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and add the cream to the pan.
- Mix the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water together in a small bowl. Add to sauce. Simmer sauce until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to pan and remove from heat.
Be very careful when igniting the Jack Daniels. The flames can shoot up very quickly and very high.
One thing I love love love is Chinese food. General Tso’s Chicken is my favorite. I love that I found this recipe for Baked General Tso Chicken to give it a little healthier kick to it instead of frying the chicken. This recipe is amazing. Caroline over at Pickled Plum shared this amazing recipe over the summer AND this has been my go to General Tso Chicken recipe ever since. I hope that you will also enjoy this healthier version of General Tso Chicken as well.
Baked General Tso Chicken
Author: Pickled Plum – Caroline Phelps
Recipe type: Main, Chicken,
Cuisine: Chinese, Easy, Healthy
This recipe for Honey Garlic Chicken really is AMAZING. It also is truly easy to make. This great recipe comes from Michelle over at dishesanddustbunnies. She always has great recipes and awesome homemaking ideas for those of us on a BUDGET.
- 3 lbs chicken thighs (you can use any chicken you like really, not only thighs I actually like to use boneless breats)
- 4 – 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, grated or minced into fine pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used the reduced sodium kind)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp honey
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsps brown sugar
For the Sauce on the Side:
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- Drippings from the baking dish
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- In a glass 9″x10″ baking dish whisk together all ingredients except for the chicken. Combine well.
- Place the chicken into the dish and spoon some of the mixture over top of each piece.
- Optional: You can marinade the chicken in this mixture ahead of time if you like.
- Place the baking dish in the oven uncovered and bake for 45 – 60 minutes.
- Once the chicken is finished cooking, remove from the baking dish and place on a serving plate.
- Serve with rice, and veggies or anything else you might enjoy it with!
How to make the Sauce on the side:
- Skin the fat off the top of the drippings as much as possible. If there’s a little fat left, that’s ok too. You can also remove most of the fat using a gravy separator if you have one.
- Combine about 1/4 of the drippings and the cornstarch in a small dish and set aside. Mix it together using a whisk to make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the remaining drippings into a sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and lower the heat. Stir constantly using a whisk until the sauce reaches the desired consistency. Remove from the heat and serve with the chicken.