This awesome recipe combines two of my all time favorite foods which just happen to be burgers and burritos. These take only 20 minutes to prepare and are always a hit at my Super Bowl parties.
Will you be having a Super Bowl party this year? How about whipping some of these up. Let us know in the comments below.
Continue reading “Cheeseburger Burritos”
I love a good burger. They just taste so good and usually can make some great dinner ideas when you are short on time. These burgers do just that as they can be made in less than 30 minutes. This recipe is from Martha Stewart . I hope that you enjoy these.
Continue reading “The “Thin Burger””
I have been having a Philly Cheese Steak craving lately. I can’t get enough of Philly cheese steak related anything lately in my life :).
I have been sharing a lot of Philly cheese steak recipes with you guys. Hope that my blogging friend don’t mind. This was a pleasant twist of the oh so comforting traditional meatloaf recipe. I hope that you guys will enjoy this one.
Philly Cheese Meatloaf
Credit: Of The Hearth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb. ground meat
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Several dashes salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet, sauté the onion and pepper in the oil until tender.
- Combine these veggies with the remaining ingredients except the cheese in a bowl.
- Place half of this mixture into a greased loaf pan and top with 3 of the slices of provolone cheese.
- Repeat so you have two meat-cheese layers.
- Bake for 45 minutes (the internal temperature of the meat should reach 165°F).
- Allow the meatloaf to sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Yummy pizza and grilled cheese combined together. Two of my favorite things in this world :). This great sandwich combines pizza and grilled cheese. This is a great lunch sandwich. If you love pizza and grilled cheese you need to try this one. Trust me.
As I mentioned earlier anything with melted cheese is pretty much a favorite in my book. These Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are no different. Hope that you try this one and Enjoy them as much as I did.
Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Credit: Kirbie Cravings
- 6 slices of bread (I used French bread)
- 3 tbsp butter spread
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese (I used low fat; you can also use slices of mozzarella)
- 21 slices of pepperoni (You can use turkey pepperoni)
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
1. Spread about 1/2 tbsp butter on one side of each slice of bread.
2. Spread 1/4 cup of cheese on three slices of bread, on top of un-buttered side. Spread 7 slices of pepperoni on top of cheese for each of the three slices . Spread 1/4 cup of marinara sauce on top of pepperoni for each of the three slices. Spread another 1/4 cup of cheese on top of the sauce. Place remaining slices of bread on top, to form sandwiches (with butter side facing up).
3. Place frying pan on stove and turn to medium heat. Once hot, carefully place one sandwich in the frying pan, cooking the bottom buttered side until golden and toasty and the cheese is melty. Then carefully flip over and cook until other side is also toasty and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. If cheese does not melt to your desired consistency, you can briefly microwave sandwich for about 10-15 seconds before eating.
I simply love great pasta dishes. I am a huge fan of Italian food. This three cheese baked ziti is so easy and so delicious. We always seem to have some kind of pasta dish on Wednesday nights in our house so I am always looking for different dishes to try.
Do you guys have favorite pasta dish that you always seem to make? If so please share your favorites in the comments below. I would love to give them ALL a try. 🙂 Especially if there is melted cheese in it.
Three Cheese Baked Ziti
Credit: Housewife Electic
- 1 16 oz Ziti (tube pasta)
- 4 cups washed baby spinach and chopped
- Spaghetti Sauce, 1 Jar or Homemade Recipe
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare your pasta according the package directions.
- Add your spinach to the boiling water with the pasta for the last minute of your cooking time.
- Drain the pasta and spinach and return to the pot.
- Stir in the ricotta, half of the mozzarella cheese, a 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese ,the spices and sauce.
- Press the mixture into a baking dish (9×13 Size)
- Top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the dish is bubbly.
Easy and fast and tastes delicious when it is finished. Plus it curbs my craving of melted cheese with my pasta. WIN WIN for me. Hope you enjoy this one.
Have you ever tried a Philly Cheese Steak Egg Roll? These little guys are amazing. I first tried these at a Chinese food place actually and have been addicted ever since. I love the fact that with this recipe you can either fry these or bake them. I usually tend to bake them. But the option is up to you.
These Philly Cheese Steak Egg Rolls are made with thinly sliced marinated steak, bell peppers, mushrooms and jalapenos smothered with cheese then fried (or baked) to melty, cheesy perfection in a crunchy egg roll cocoon.
Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
Credit: Jenn @CarlsBadCravings.com
- 12-14 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg whisked with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 quart canola or vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 pound top sirloin or flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1/3 cup zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1/4-1/2 of red pepper flakes
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1-2 jalapenos, deveined, seeded and sliced
- 2 cups Mexican blend or Pepper Jack cheese or more to taste
- Marinate steak with steak marinade ingredients for 1 hour up to overnight.
- Heat a large skillet on high heat until very hot. Add steak/onions/marinade and let cook on one side without disturbing, then proceed to cook until meat is cooked through. Transfer meat and onions to a fine hole strainer/sieve and remove any excess liquid by pressing down on the meat mixture. Set aside.
- Wipe out skillet and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Heat over medium high heat then add mushrooms. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until golden. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Heat another tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat and add green pepper and jalapeno. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add green peppers, jalapenos, mushrooms and steak/onions to a food processor and pulse a few times until roughly chopped. Alternatively, you can chop by hand.
- Position an egg roll wrapper with one point towards you. Line the center with 2 tablespoons cheese* and top with ¼ cup steak mixture. Fold bottom corner over filling then continue to roll up, firmly folding sides toward center over filling as you roll. Seal edges with egg wash. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. (Refer to your egg roll wrapper for a diagram).
- To fry (recommended for extra crispiness): Heat oil in a stock pot or deep-fat fryer to 350F degrees or medium high heat. Fry egg rolls, in batches, 3- 4 at a time until golden brown, turning egg rolls a few times while frying. Drain on paper towels.
- To bake: Lightly spray a baking rack and place it onto a baking sheet. Line egg rolls on baking rack and lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden at 425F degrees.
- Serve with your favorite cheese sauce, chili sauce or barbecue sauce with hot sauce to taste.
*If you aren’t dipping in cheese sauce and/or want more cheesy egg rolls, add more cheese to taste.