These crispy chicken cutlets from Southern Living taste very very similar from a certain closed -on -Sundays fast -food chain that I love so so much :). A secret ingredient for these tasty crispy chicken cutlets is the Dill pickle juice!
Try these today believe me…
Continue reading “Crispy Chicken Cutlets”
Who doesn’t love a One Pot dinner? I know that I personally love to make one pot dinners. They are so fast and easy with a lot less cleaning up. Which I do Enjoy 🙂
This one pot Cajun Chicken Pasta is ah-mazing. Trust me on this one.
Continue reading “One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta”
I made this great chicken the other night for dinner. It was so moist and delicious. I served this chicken with some mashed potatoes and some of those cheddar biscuits I shared with you guys last week.
I love comfort food now and this great chicken recipe will really hit the spot if you also enjoy comfort food during this time of the year. This is a super easy dinner for a weeknight since you use your crock pot. I honestly do not know what I would do without my crock pot. I don’t think that I would be able to survive.
Sweet Baby Ray's Crockpot Chicken
Credit: Just A Pinch
- 4-6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 bottle sweet baby ray’s bbq sauce
- 1/4 c vinegar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
1. Mix BBQ sauce with vinegar, red pepper flakes, brown sugar and garlic powder.
2. Place chicken in crockpot (still frozen is ok). Pour sauce mixture over chicken.
3. Cook on LOW 4-6 hours.
I love pasta..and c’mon who doesn’t love pasta. It is such a great comfort food and I know that in my house where picky eaters seem to live everyone loves the pasta dishes that are made. Which is a win win for me. It can be quite overwhelming living in a house of picky eaters. I really love casseroles during the cooler season.
This Cheese Chicken Alfredo Casserole was a HUGE hit. Everyone wanted seconds. What a great feeling when every wants seconds, and leaves the table full with a smile on their face. Mission Accomplished. I hoe that you will check this one out and make one night in your house for dinner.
Cheese Chicken Alfredo Casserole
Credit: Lil Luna
- 1 – 12 oz package Penne pasta,
- 3 – boneless, skinless chicken breasts (marinated in Italian Dressing if desired)
- vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- ¼ tsp. poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 4 TB flour
- 3 cups half and half
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups Kraft Italian Five Cheese Blend w/cream cheese, divided
- Italian Seasoning, garnish
- If time allows, always try to marinate your chicken. Throw them in a bag of italian dressing and let sit overnight or even a few hours will help your chicken to be tender and full of flavor.
- Cook pasta as directed. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 1 – 2 TB of oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Slice your marinated chicken in half so they are thinner pieces. This will help them cook through evenly.
- In a bowl mix salt, pepper, thyme and poultry seasoning and rub it on all sides of your chicken breasts. Add chicken to hot oil and cook on both sides until done (about 15-20 minutes). Remove to a plate to let cool.
- While chicken is cooling, preheat your oven to 350 and start on your sauce. In a separate large skillet melt the butter; add garlic and cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Using a wire whisk, mix in flour and stir until bubbly. Mix in half & half and milk, stir to combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce to low heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- With your whisk, mix in 1½ cup of cheese. Cook an additional 5 minutes until sauce starts to thicken. Remove sauce from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut your cooked chicken into bite size pieces and add to a large bowl. Add the pasta to your bowl and then the sauce. Mix everything to combine.
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with non stick spray. Add the pasta mixture to the pan and sprinkle with an additional 1½ cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle with pepper and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
I love all of the TGIF Jack Daniel dishes so I was so glad I came across this one that I can make at home. Even though I have not yet mastered the igniting of the Jack Daniel’s in this recipe yet it still is very easy to make.
I love this served with a side of pasta or rice. I have made this then cut the chicken breast up and served the chicken and Cream Sauce over pasta almost making a pasta Alfredo type of dish. It was so good.
Chicken In Jack Daniels Cream Sauce
Credit: Spicy Southern Kitchen
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
- 3 large shallots, chopped (or 1 onion)
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in a large pan. Add chicken and brown on both sides.
- Add the Jack Daniels and carefully ignite. Shake the pan until the flames go out.
- Add shallots and cook for 1 minute.
- Add thyme, parsley, and ¼ cup water. Cover pan and cook over low heat for 25 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and add the cream to the pan.
- Mix the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water together in a small bowl. Add to sauce. Simmer sauce until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to pan and remove from heat.
Be very careful when igniting the Jack Daniels. The flames can shoot up very quickly and very high.
Chicken Fajita Quesadillas are my favorite appetizer. I love Chicken Fajitas. I love Tex Mex food. There is this AWESOME Tex Mex restaurant very close to where I work that we often go to for lunch. I always order their quesadillas. They are so good.It is like ordering a sandwich but so much better.
I love-making quesadillas at home for appetizers at any little get together I may be having. Everyone seems to love them. I have made many different kinds of quesadillas as well from pizza, cheese steak, to these chicken ones. They all are great.
Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
Credit: Jo Cooks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fajita mix
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 onions
- 1 cup Tex Mex cheese (or cheddar cheese)
- sour cream
- 8 tortillas
- 2 tbsp butter
- Clean and chop up the onion into long strips. Slice the peppers into long strips. Clean and slice the chicken breasts into long strips and place in a bowl.
- Add a tbsp of the fajita mix to the chicken breast and mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil and add the chicken to it. Cook the chicken for 5 to 10 minutes until it’s fully cooked and no longer pink, and it’s slightly charred, but not burned.
- Remove chicken from skillet, and wipe the skillet clean.
- Add another tbsp of olive oil to the skillet and heat it up. Add the onion and cook for a couple minutes until it’s slightly translucent. Add the peppers and the fajita mix and mix well. Cook for a couple more minutes so the peppers cook slightly. Add the chicken to the skillet, mix with peppers and onions and cook for a minute.
- In a clean skillet, add a bit of the butter and melt. Add a tortilla and move it around until it’s buttery. Add a little bit of the chicken and onion mixture on top of the tortilla, and about ¼ cup of cheese, depending on how you like it. Add another tortilla on top and pat it down.
- Now flip it over and cook on the other side until the other side is nice and golden. Remove from skillet and cut into quarters. Repeat these steps with the remaining tortillas. Serve this with some sour cream and salsa.
Side Note: I usually skip the sour cream but use a hot salsa 🙂