The best Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake Muffin I have tried so far comes from Sarah over at Sugar Apron.
Living in New York I learned one thing.. Coffee Cakes are a really BIG deal. Oh yeah so are muffins 🙂 This recipe nicely ties in both at the same time. Which is great.
Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake Muffins
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 pieces softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 5 tbsp. yogurt
- Cinnamon Crumb :
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp.cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter,melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly spray muffin pans with baking spray or use silicone muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs,yogurt and vanilla.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together flour,sugar,baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir it all together with a wooden spoon, just until combined. Batter should be lumpy.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tin. It should fill each cup about 3/4 full.
- For the Crumb :
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together granulated sugar,cinnamon, salt and flour.
- Add melted butter and stir in until it all comes together.
- Fluff with a fork to make a mixture that resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the topping on top of the batter of each muffin.
- It may seem like it’s a lot of topping but try your best to use it all up.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into each muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.